Additional information on the coaching staff:
Hans coaches at his two Gildemeister Tennis Academy locations in Florida—Tampa and St. Petersburg.
He was a former tennis professional in the ATP tour:
- #1 Doubles World Ranking
- #12 Singles World ranking
- 3 x Quarter-finalist at Roland Garros
- 25 ATP Singles and Doubles Titles
- Chilean Davis Cup Player for 15 years
Hans also has a renowned career as a coach:
- Chile Davis Cup Coach for 7 years
- Chile Olympic team Coach for the 2008 Beijing Olympics
- Former coach of World #1 Marcelo Rios and Nicolas Massu
Christopher Le Bart Gildemeister
Christopher currently assists Hans Gildemeister in coaching at the two academy locations.
His career as a junior tennis player:
- Former #1 U/16 in Florida
- Former #1 U/18 in Chile
- Competed at the Junior French Open and Orange Bowl
- Competed in the European and South American Circuits
- He played on the tennis team for one year at Louisiana State University (LSU)
His career as a coach:
- Former COSAT (Confederation of South American Tennis) coach
- Former Wheelchair tennis instructor and traveling coach
She began her career in tennis by playing professionally, followed by coaching for 30 years. As a Junior and Professional Women’s Teams Coach for the ITF (International Tennis Federation), she coached more than 160 players. From 1992 to 1994, Kopsic was the Director of Coaching for the Argentine Tennis Association. Kopsic then started and currently runs her player development program called “Biodynamic Tennis System.”
- PTR International Master Professional
- Ex. Coach of Marcelo Ríos (former World #1)
- Ex. Head Coach of La Federacion de Tenis de Chile and the Olympic Committee of Chile
- Ex. Vice Captain of the Davis Cup Team of Chile
- Ex. Captain of the Fed Cup Team of Chile
- Ex. Captain of Chilean selections in the Pan-American Games
- Gildemesiter Tennis Academy International Advisor
Katie Vasenina Bercume
She is currently coaching at Hans Gildemeister’s Tennis Academy in Saint Petersburg, Fl, before most recently serving for three consecutive years as Assistant Women’s Tennis Coach at Loyola Marymount University in Los Angeles, CA. Vasenina Bercume took over a team with a negative record of 5-20 and helped lead it to #55 in the nation and #2 in the WCC conference. Her duties included, but were not limited to, managing the team budget, organizing fundraisers and team travel, and recruiting top players.
Prior to her position at LMU, Vasenina Bercume served as an Assistant Tennis Director at Fig Garden Swim & Racquet Club in Fresno, CA. At Fig Garden, she organized USTA JTT Local Leagues, coordinated club tennis tournaments and clinics/new activities for members, and developed junior tennis programs. Because of this, Vasenina helped build tennis active tennis memberships to over 300.
As a collegiate player, Vasenina Bercume was named All-BIG EAST in 2011 and 2012, and played at #1 singles in each of her final two seasons, reaching as high as #26 in the nation in singles play and #12 in doubles for ITA rankings.
Vasenina Bercume earned her degree in international studies from USF in 2012 before finishing her masters in global sustainability in 2014.
- Former hitting partner of Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, and others
- Champion of OVC Conference College Tennis in 2013, 2015, and 2016
- Volunteer Assistant Coach of TTU
- Ranked in the top 3 in Spain during his junior career
- Sub Champion of Spain teams up to when he was 14 years old
- Coached by Carlos Moya
He acquired a degree in physical education from Santo Tomás University in Chile.